Gymsport Safety Handout
If you have any questions, please call the gym at 412-220-1195.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month. A credit card authorization form MUST be completed and on file at the gym to be used in the case tuition is not paid by the 10th of the month. $1.00/day late fees will occur for any and all tuition not paid in full by the 1st of the month.
- A 30-day written notice is required to quit the program. Please note - If a notice is not received, tuition is due. This notice is to help us ensure that our class ratios stay consistent and so that students on our waiting list get a chance to join a class.
- Tuition for the session is divided into 10 4-week months. Some calendar months may have more than 4 weeks, some may have less. The entire month’s tuition is due regardless of how many calendar weeks are in the month.
- Athletes who register mid-month or mid-year for classes will be prorated the first month only.
- There is a $30 NSF check fee for all returned checks.
- Don’t forget about our friend discount! Any gym member who brings a friend who signs up for classes receives 10% off the next month’s tuition!
Other Important Information:
- If you know you will be missing a class, please call or email to let us know. Gymsport does not allow make up classes to be taken during another class. We have scheduled make up classes throughout the year. Please check the bulletin board for more information.
- Expected apparel: Girls Gymnastics – leotard, hair pulled back, no shoes. Tumbling – leotard or shirt and shorts, hair pulled back, cheer shoes or bare feet. Boys – shirt and shorts, no shoes. Clothing with buckles, snaps or zippers are not permitted during class to avoid damaging the equipment and injuring coaches. Jewelry is not permitted. No child will be permitted to attend class in jeans or pants with buckles or zippers.
- Worried about snowy weather?
You can sign up to receive text message alerts if Gymsport (or your school) is closed! Just go to www.wpxi.com and follow the instructions on the School Closings page. You can also click here to sign up for text message alerts.
Remember, if you want to know if Gymsport is closed due to inclement weather, check the website (it will be on this page), KDKA or WPXI. We may not always be able to make it to the gym to answer phone calls.
- Parents, siblings and other family members are not to go past the lobby into the gym (except to use the men’s restroom). This is for the safety of all athletes and family members.
- Please, no flash photography. This is very distracting to our athletes.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted beyond the lobby.
- In the case of rain, sleet or snow, please be careful in the lobby. The floor gets slippery when wet, and we would like to keep everyone safe.
Discounts can be taken for the following:
What is Big Saturday?
- Morning Classes
- Pre-payment of the entire session
- Signing a 40-week contract
- Registering more than one sibling
Big Saturday is a fun event where you can drop off your kids for a night of fun while you get a night to yourself! Kids will be treated to games, time to jump and play and pizza. This evening event is ideal for children ages 5 and older (although younger ages are accepted if they are able to use the potty on their own). You do not have to be a member at Gymsport to come to Big Saturday, but you must register for the event by the Thursday before. Big Saturdays are held on the last Saturday of the month from 6:00-10:00.
Why did we move Big Fridays to Saturday? For the safety of our Big Saturday guests, we want to keep this activity separate from Open Gym.
Make Up Schedule
Make up classes are a courtesy we offer to our students. (Think of it this way – do you get to make up missed college classes? Or a refund from the mortgage company when you are on vacation and not using your house?). They are held on a Saturday morning each month. You must pre-register to join a scheduled make up class. Please note that this year Monday classes are entitled to two free make ups to compensate for Labor Day and Memorial Day.
9:00-9:45 Preschool Classes (Including Jungle Cats)
10:00-11:00 School Age Gymnastics
11:00-12:00 Tumbling Classes
All other classes: please ask your coach.
Can my child bring a friend to class?
This year we will be holding two Bring-A-Buddy weeks. This is an incredibly fun week when all our recreational students are permitted to bring a friend to class! Bring-A-Buddy week will be held November 5th through 10th and March 18th through 23rd. A waiver must be on file for all buddies participating in class.